Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Pete Shotton on the Day John Lennon Met Paul McCartney

"His name was Paul McCartney. We spent twenty minutes talking to him, and at first it was very reserved because John was a bit careful about meeting new people. He liked to suss them out first. He never liked to make the first move. People always had to come to him. Eventually Paul came to him by getting out his guitar and playing, I think, 'Twenty Flight Rock' by Eddie Cochran, and it was good! So, as I say, we chatted for about twenty minutes and then we split up and John and I walked home together. While we were walking, John asked me, 'What do you think of him then?' And I said, 'I think he's okay. I like him.' And John said, 'Well, should we ask him to join the band then?' And I said, 'Yeah, it's okay by me if it's okay by you.' So that was that."

No comments: