Wednesday, August 12, 2009

December 13, 1974 - The White House, Washington, DC

Taped: Friday 13 December 1974

While in America, George, his father Harry, his girlfriend Olivia, Ravi Shankar and Billy Preston, visit US President Gerald Ford for lunch at the White House, at the invitation of the President's son John, whom they met on tour. Harrison announces later that he senses "good vibes" coming from President Ford's administration.

American news cameras and reporters are present to capture the party arriving. One of them asks George: "Do you think The Beatles will ever get back together for a concert?"

George: "I don't know... I don't know."

Reporter: "Would you like to?"

George: "Well... I'm having more fun with this band to tell you the truth. We (The Beatles) all grew up, lived in a room together for years and years, and it's a natural thing for each one of us to develop individually. Individually speaking, I'm having more fun doing this sort of thing... I've never been so happy in my life as with this band."

No comments: