Saturday, February 14, 2009

Letter to George Harrison Regarding "Love You To"

Dearest George,

After hearing "REVOLVER" a few times thanks to a tape recorder and a delinquent radio station (WMCA), all I can say is "WOW!". This album shows how you've matured, and it brings out the best in all of you.

There is one thing that bothers me. Your song, "LOVE YOU TO" has a tabla on it, n'est-ce-pas? Who is playing it? Is it Ringo, or a session man, or you? I realize that Ringo can adapt to many different types of percussion, but he isn't quite as familiar with the Indian sounds as you are.

Once again, all I can say is keep up the good work. The album certainly was worth waiting for, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. I disagree--it just causes needless anxiety.

Loev and faithfulness and more,
(Miss) Leslie Samuels
New York, NY

George replies:--
In answer to your question--OUI. How's that for a touch of the parlez-vous Francais? A guy named Anil Bhagwat played tabla on "Love You To"--Ringo and I aren't clever enough.

No comments: