Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Beatles On Tour 1965

Label: Silent Sea Productions, ssdv.005

82 minutes - color and b+w - mono

PALAIS DES SPORTS - PARIS
The Beatles began their 1965 European tour with two shows in Paris at 3:00 and 9:00 pm. Six thousand fans saw each show. The afternoon show was taped for radio broadcast a week later by Frances Europe 1, which also broadcast the evening show live. That evening show was also taped for telecast by France's Channel 2 and aired as Les Beatles on October 31st. "I Feel Fine" was not used, while the remaining songs were shown out of order - "Twist And Shout," "She's A Woman," "Ticket To Ride," "Can't Buy Me Love," "I'm A Loser," "I Wanna Be Your Man," "A Hard Day's Night," "Baby's In Black," "Rock And Roll Music," "Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby" and "Long Tall Sally."

SHEA STADIUM - NEW YORK
The Beatles' first appearance at Shea Stadium was seen by 55,600 fans, a new world record for a pop concert. Their share of the $304,000 gate was $160,000. Their portion of the show began at 9:16 pm. The television special was first shown by the BBC (in black-and-white) on March 1, 1966. Its only color telecast was by ABC-TV in the U.S. on January 10, 1967. Our version incorporates the five songs from Anthology.

PARIS, JUNE 20TH
1 intro
2 Twist And Shout
3 She's A Woman
4 I'm A Loser
5 Can't Buy Me Love
6 Baby's In Black
7 I Wanna Be Your Man
8 A Hard Day's Night
9 Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
10 Rock And Roll Music
11 I Feel Fine
12 Ticket To Ride
13 Long Tall Sally

NEW YORK, AUGUST 15TH
1 "...it was great at Shea..."
2 I'm Down
3 "...Murray the K..."
4 The Discotheque Dancers
5 King Curtis
6 Brenda Holloway
7 Sounds Incorporated
8 "...Cousin Brucie..."
9 "...a truly great American..."
10 Twist And Shout
11 I Feel Fine
12 Dizzy Miss Lizzie
13 Ticket To Ride
14 Act Naturally
15 Can't Buy Me Love
16 Baby's In Black
17 A Hard Day's Night
18 Help!
19 I'm Down/credits

No comments: