Monday, March 06, 2006

I'm So Tired

AUTHORSHIP Lennon (1.00)
LENNON: " 'I'm So Tired' was me, in India again. I couldn't sleep. I'm meditating all day and couldn't sleep at night." September 1980, All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono

McCARTNEY: "'So Tired' is very much John's comment to the world, and it has that very special line, 'And curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid git.' That's a classic line and it's so John that there's no doubt that he wrote it. I think it's 100 per cent John. Being tired was one of his themes, he wrote 'I'm Only Sleeping'. I think we were all pretty tired but he chose to write about it." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

RECORDED
October 8, 1968, at Abbey Road

INSTRUMENTATION
McCARTNEY: bass, harmony vocal
LENNON: acoustic and lead guitars, organ, lead vocal
HARRISON: lead and rhythm guitars
STARR: drums

MISCELLANEOUS
"PAUL IS DEAD" Hysteria: Between the end of "I'm So Tired" and the beginning of "Blackbird," Lennon utters "Monsieur, monsieur, how about another one?." If played backward, it sounds like: "Paul is dead, man, miss him, miss him."

COMMENTS BY BEATLES
LENNON: "One of my favourite tracks. I just like the sound of it, and I sing it well." September 1980, All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono

No comments: