Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Don't Want To Spoil The Party

AUTHORSHIP Lennon (.8) and McCartney (.2)
LENNON: "That was a very personal one of mine. In the early days I wrote less material than Paul because he was more competent on guitar than I. He taught me quite a lot of guitar really." Beatles in Their Own Words

McCARTNEY: " 'I Don't Want To Spoil The Party' is quite a nice little song, co-written by John and I. It sounds more like John than me so 80-20 to him, sitting down doing a job. Certain songs were inspirational and certain songs were work, it didn't mean they were any less fun to write, it was just a craft . . ." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

RECORDED
September 29, 1964, at Abbey Road

INSTRUMENTATION
McCARTNEY: bass, harmony vocal
LENNON: acoustic guitar, lead vocal
HARRISON: lead guitar (Gretsch Tennessean [model PX6119])
STARR: drums, tambourine

No comments: