Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Every Little Thing

AUTHORSHIP McCartney (.9) and Lennon (.1)
Paul wrote this song at Wimpole Street sitting in his garret room alone, strumming his guitar.
McCARTNEY: " 'Every Little Thing', like most of the stuff I did, was my attempt at the next single. I remember playing it for Brian backstage somewhere. He had assembled a few people. It was one of those meetings - 'Oh, we have to do some recordings, who's got what?' and we played a few at Brian. We didn't often check things with Brian, in fact I just remember it in connection with this because I thought it was very catchy. I played it amongst a few songs; it was something I thought was quite good but it became an album filler rather than the great almighty single. It didn't have quite what was required." Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

McCARTNEY: "John and I got this one written in Atlantic City during our last tour of the States." The Beatles Off the Record: Outrageous Opinions & Unrehearsed Interviews

RECORDED
September 29 and 30, 1964, at Abbey Road
The second night's session was fun. One take was ended when McCartney burped his vocal, and the next take, although complete, ended in loud laughter.

INSTRUMENTATION
McCARTNEY: bass, piano, lead vocal
LENNON: lead guitar, lead vocal
HARRISON: acoustic guitar
STARR: drums, tympani

McCARTNEY: "John does the guitar riff for this one, and George is on acoustic. Ringo bashes some tympani drums for the big noises you hear." The Beatles Off the Record: Outrageous Opinions & Unrehearsed Interviews

No comments: